Communications coach Steve Adubato analyzed President Obama’s inaugural speech and offered his thoughts/take-aways. I distilled Steve's column to six bullets – many of which are common areas of growth for talent:
• Be focused; have a clear theme
• Be brief; don’t confuse quantity with quality
• Disagreeing is OK but being disagreeable isn’t
• Own your content; speak from your heart rather than someone else’s script
• Challenge the audience to look inward/become emotionally involved in what you’re saying instead of just talking at them
• Speak with confidence; share what you care about in a way that makes me care too
Listen to your airchecks in light of these bullets to see if any of the President’s techniques would improve your communication skills.
Rascal Flatts Still Loves The Vibe of Bar Gigs - They got their start playing in small bars and clubs, and although they’ve since graduated to arenas and amphitheaters, they still remember and appreciate...
15 hours ago