Communications coach Steve Adubato analyzed President Obama’s inaugural speech and offered his thoughts/take-aways. I distilled Steve's column to six bullets – many of which are common areas of growth for talent:
• Be focused; have a clear theme
• Be brief; don’t confuse quantity with quality
• Disagreeing is OK but being disagreeable isn’t
• Own your content; speak from your heart rather than someone else’s script
• Challenge the audience to look inward/become emotionally involved in what you’re saying instead of just talking at them
• Speak with confidence; share what you care about in a way that makes me care too
Listen to your airchecks in light of these bullets to see if any of the President’s techniques would improve your communication skills.
Country Radio Hall of Fame 2017 Inductees: Passion, Peers, Perspectives - It’s official. The class of 2017 has been inducted into the Country Radio Hall of Fame: Mike Dungan (President’s Award), Martina McBride (Career Achievem...
2 days ago