So maybe you watched Wednesday's CMA Awards Show and wondered if it's worth your time to submit a Station of the Year presentation.
The answer is “Absolutely!”
Here are five reasons why your station should enter:
1. Assembling a Station of the Year presentation is a bonding opportunity. Whether you win or not, your station and staff reap the benefit of camaraderie.
2. Sharing your presentation inside the building is a reminder to our non-programming co-workers of how hard we work every day to create the best product in the marketplace, and ideally inspires them with a fresh take on what we do.
3. Radio as an industry and country as a format benefit when our best is on display. Recognition by the industry as being among the 'bes of the best' puts your company, station and you in a very positive light.
4. Assembling a presentation gives you a different perspective on your station and can spark new, creative ideas.
5. Competing with the format's top stations feels great and, should you ultimately be a finalist or a winner, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you will have frustrated, annoyed, demoralized (or all of the above) your competitors.
Inspired? There’s no need to wait a year. You can enter the Academy of Country Music awards competition right now. Submissions are open November 14 through December 9, 2011. Winners will be announced the week of February 13th, 2012. Learn more here (as you'll see there are other award categories as well).
Sure, entering will take some work. Yes, the competition will be steep.
But check the list - you’ve already a winner the day you submit your entry.