Monday, May 21, 2012

Thanks, Rusty


I have no idea of how many people Rusty Walker influenced during his lifetime.  

Directly or indirectly it no doubt was well into the thousands – probably more likely the tens-of-thousands. 

I consider myself fortunate to be among them.

Smart, passionate, funny (sometimes unintentionally), pioneering, and always generous in sharing what he knew, I had the privilege of having Rusty as my Consultant when I programmed WYNY in New York City. 

Rusty connected with you not just on a business or an intellectual level, but on a personal level, too.  A visit from or a conversation with Rusty left you inspired. 

All of us who learned from, worked with, laughed with, or in some way had lives enriched by Rusty Walker are indeed saddened today.

Sincere condolences to Rusty’s family from the many, many people who were fortunate enough to have known him, learned from him, and be touched by him.

No comments: