"Does this polish the brand?"
That's a question we encourage our stations to ask themselves as they consider any additions (or subtractions) to their products.
It's a good question that encompasses:
- Is this “on brand” (i.e., consistent with the station/brand values?)
- Does it match the values and expectations of the audience?
- Does this enhance or detract from the brand?
- Will this surprise and delight users?
- Is this the best ‘camera angle’ or execution we can use?
A&O&B has always been a believer in paying serious attention to listener values. Understanding these values is a key to connectivity.
For a non-radio example of in-sync product and consumer values, visit http://www.starbucks.com/ and you’ll see a tab for ‘Responsibility.’
The drop down menu includes Community, Environment, Ethical and even a Global Responsibility Goals andProgress Report.
On brand. Value-appropriate. Enhances. Delights. Doable.
It's a good example of how to evaluate an opportunity based on values as well as inspire thinking that can polish your brand.
Have a story about something you've done to polish your brand?
We'd all love to hear about it.