Tommy Kramer and I presented Friday, 7/16/10 at The Conclave. And a very special thanks to all who created a video for us to share (credits in parentheses). Your efforts were appreciated by us all!
In creating the panel, Tommy and I wanted to share not only some great bits, but techniques and philosophies that could make you think differently about your show.
It’s no surprise that we couldn’t get to everything in our 50 minutes but you can download the complete list at http://albrightandomalley.com/.
Here are a dozen to whet your appetite.
1. Developing an Alter Ego enables you to expand the boundaries of what you can do on your show (Kevin Matthews/WLAV)
2. Keep a diary and share it with other players on the show and use it as a jumping off point for content ideas. For bonus points, have artists who visit your studio make up a song based on your journal/diary entries (Wally , WAY-FM Nashville—using his 6th grade journal.)
3. I am T-Pain iPhone AutoTune App: hilarious for you or listeners to “sing” a song about virtually anything.
4. Your own family traditions can be the inspiration for large promotions (Tim Leary/WCTK)
5. Take the show outside the studio for the betterment of the community/world (Cliff Dumas/KSON and Bob Rivers/KZOK)
6. What’s a guy thinking: male talent gives absurd rationale to defend dumb things guys do
7. Just before the break, hold a 5-second huddle to remind yourselves of you point, your close, and how you’re evolving the break
8. Brainstorm with others in the building; you’ll get different subjects plus different perspectives on the same subject
9. Morning show team members: listen to each other for potential material (J and Julian/WBBM)
10. Study the art of storytelling and learn to be good at it; this is a life as well as a career benefit.
11. The new rule for evaluating phone calls: “too good not to air” vs. “good enough to air.”
12. Courage is essential if you’re going to grow from “OK” to “great.”
Have an idea, technique, bit or philosophy you'd like to share? Post a comment.
Country Radio’s Summer Love Affair - While the calendar officially marked the beginning fall last week, Country radio’s summer love affair is going to linger a bit longer. While summer 201...
3 weeks ago