I answered Art Vuolo’s question on the value of the Conclave by saying it’s about sharing what you know with others while being exposed to new ideas and experiences in return.
In that spirit, here are some ideas I shared and some others I'm passing along:
- The number one enemy of any show is irrelevant content.
- “Curation” is a big opportunity. People like someone – including a friend – to tell them what’s important, relevant and valuable.
- Follow people who follow you on Twitter; reciprocation makes people feel more engaged with you. Thanking people for following you makes you visible to that person’s followers as well.
- The new success formula for advertisers is “empower, demonstrate and involve/engage;” these replace the old formula of “inform, persuade, and remind.”
- Podcasts = action. 71% of a podcast’s listeners will visit a website, 62% will consider a new product or service, and 60% will gather more about info about product.
- Yes, DO think of digital platforms as more than just new avenues of product distribution. And DO think about new ways to delight users with platform-specific content. And DO be aggressive in creating apps that people actually want. But first, fix your stream!
Thanks, Conclave for inviting me to present a panel this year – and to leave with some new ideas to share with others.
Anything YOU’D like to share?